Thursday 26 February 2015

My Last Birchbox

If you have been following my blog, you would know that I have recently stopped my Birchbox subscription because I don't like the idea of receiving tiny samples anymore. This article is all about my last Birchbox which I received in December 2014.


Birchbox has teamed up with Sophia Webster for this months' box. I must admit, the December box looks amazing especially with the free, stylish coin purse. 

The first item is the ESLOR Firming Collagen Day Cream 10 ml 
This anti-ageing cream is made from hydrolysed marine collagen and other nutrient-rich botanicals to help lock in the moisture and improve the skin's elasticity.  The best thing with this product is that it's made without any parabens. It's quite thick and smells like a bar of soap. 


VASANTI Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvinator 20g. This exfoliating cleanser is enriched with Papaya, Aloe and Micro-crystals to help get rid dead skin. This reminds me of the Neutrogena exfoliating cleanser, same micro-crystals but Vasanti smells a lot nicer.


ELECTRIC Hydrate Shampoo 30 ml. This nourishing and revitalising hair bath helps to hydrate dry and stressed out hair. Make sure you massage it onto your scalp and root area. The only thing I don't like about this shampoo is that it's too small a sample for my hair - my hair is about 105 cm long. I know, I know, it's really long so I need a lot of product to keep it healthy.


MODELS OWN Nail Varnish 14 ml.  This is the first time (correct me if I'm wrong) that Birchbox has offered subscribers to 'customise' the contents of their box. I picked this colour because I don't really fancy the other colours. I had to use a black base coat for this to work as I don't really fancy a slightly black, glittery nail varnish.


EYEKO Fat Eye Stick 4g. This item is perfect for creating that smokey effect.  The only problem I have with this eye stick is that it's not waterproof and it does not stay on for a long time.


BENEFIT High Beam Luminescent Complexion Enhancer. It came inside a cute benefit christmas cracker. What is it? It's basically a highlighter, and a really good one at that. Just a small amount on the right areas can make a huge difference with your look.


It's been 2 months since my last Birchbox and I can tell you that I'm not really missing it. I look at the spoilers, unboxing, reviews and I'm happy with my decision to cancel my subscription.

Princess xx


No comments:

Post a Comment