Tuesday 13 January 2015

Taste Japan Snack Box

After the Memebox dry spell, Birchbox's disappointing boxes I have decided to look into different types of subscription boxes available to the UK.  After a lot of man hours, I found several subscription services that I would like to share with you.  

http://tastejapan.net
Akemashita Omedetou Gozaimasu! That's Happy New Year in Japanese. Taste Japan is one of the snack boxes available to the UK.  As the name would suggest, this subscription comes directly from Japan. For £15 a month, you get 9 tasty treats from the Land of the Rising Sun.   They usually send out the boxes around the 25th of the month and takes a week or so to get there - depending on location.  

Enough with the chitchat and lets talk food. 



First item I've tried was the Morokoshiwa Tarou - corn puffs to you and me.. It's similar to Wotsits but a bit thicker and lighter in flavour. 


Next is the Kuri Country Ma'am.  I got 2 in my box which was awesome as I love them.  They're soft chocolate chip cookies with a filling inside - chestnut according to the list but it also tasted a little bit like coffee. Still very tasty.




Then we have the crunchy Edemame Snacks. They smell a bit funny when you first open the bag BUT they taste lovely.  You get hints of onion and chives with this soybean snack. Its very refreshing on its own but its the perfect beer companion. 



 Ever heard of Mogi Mogi Fruits?  Mogi Mogi means 'pick' in Japaneses and you'll definitely mogi mogi your own grape gummies straight from the vine - pack. They look so nice but a bit fiddly to eat.  xmadmicx was kind enough to finish the pack for me.



Who wants a twinkle?  Twinkles are a pack of milk chocolate eggs with cute hard candies inside.  There's 5 milk chocolate eggs in 1 pack.  It also includes a sticker sheets.  It's definitely one for the kids but I can't say no to chocolate. Who says no to chocolate 
anyway? 



Next one is the limited edition Cookie and Strawberry Takenoko no Sato.  This is my favourite 
treat in the box. They look like mini ice cream cookie with strawberry chocolate filling. They're so 
creamy  and delicious I was sad to finish the lot. 


Almost there, next treat is the Milky Chocolate. This milk chocolate is a lot better than the eggs. It's a one big block but tons of 
little cubes of chocolate goodness.  It's like a Choc-ice. Chocolate on the outside milky filling on the inside. This ack also features 
Peko Chan. 



Next is another Milky product, Milky Coffee Pucca.  It's like a coffee flavoured mini pretzel oozing with cuteness. It's perfect for an adult pack lunch - as afters. 





Last treat is the Koala's March Snacks.  These are the cutest snacks in the box.  The look like koaloa's and they taste like strawberry chocolate biscuit. YUMMY!! 

 



After eating my way through all those sweets, I think £15 for a box of snacks that I can't easily get my hands on is worth it.  Even if I did have access to these snacks here, I wouldn't know what they're suppose to be as I can't read Japanese.  If after reading this, I made you crave for new worldly snacks, you can subscribe to Taste Japan - http://tastejapan.net/subscribe/.

Thanks for reading. 



Princess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment