Saturday 17 January 2015

Memebox Thanksgiving Box 2 - For You

Now for the second instalment of the Memebox Thanksgiving Box Duo - the For You box.  Well, it's not really a For You box.  It's more like For Me too box.






VIVITO Illust Lumiere Primer  30ml

     This item retails around $50 at Memebox.  I was a little hesitant with this primer because it looked too pearly white but I pulled myself together and tried it.  I was pleasantly surprised about the results.  It glided easily onto my face, covered my pot hole pores and  helped control my shiny, oily face. Really, really impressed with the results. I think I have found a replacement for my Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - ok, maybe not a replacement but I would definitely use it as an alternative.  Tip: Mix it with your daily BB/CC cream for a better finish.



SHARA SHARA Miracle Multi Cream 50ml

     This item retails around $18 at Memebox.  You can use this cream on your face, body or hair - wherever you need moisture and repair.  This cream is packed with 30 different kinds  plant oil complex including grape seed oil, rosehip oil, and green tea oil.   Have you heard of Egyptian Magic cream and the Moa Green Balm? The Shara Shara Miracle Multi Cream is something similar but smells so much better than those creams. Don't get me wrong - I love the Egyptian Magic cream but I love the smell of the Shara Shara Cream.  It's more affordable too. 



SHARA SHARA Brush Set 5ea

     This set retails around $24 at Memebox.  I was surprised and glad that this set was included in the box.  I wanted to get new brushes. There's 5 brushes in the set, 1 Powder brush, 3 medium brushes for eye makeup, and 1 lip colour brush. It's a very basic kit but useful nonetheless. The brushes themselves are quite soft and the colour very cute. 



VIVITO Painting Sweet Lip Balm 12g

     This item retails around $24 at Memebox.  I got the 01 Orange Farm.  This lip balm smells like sweet orange.  It's formulated with orange peel oil, grape extracts, blackberry extracts and vitamin E.
It promises to moisturise and revive dry, chapped lips.  Maybe it's just me, but this lip balm didn't revive my dry, chapped lips. I also didn't like digging my fingers in the pot to put my lip balm on (I'm a healthcare worker and dipping your fingers in a pot and onto your lips at work is not the most hygienic thing to do.) So, if you don't mind dipping your fingers in jelly to moisturise your lips then this product is for you. Best thing about this product? The orange tin... 




PERIPERA Heart Glow Stick 6.5g

     This item retails around $14 at Memebox and it's available in 2 tones. 001 Pink Beam and 002 Gold Aura.  I got 002 Gold Aura.  It's a very handy highlighter stick to have in your purse. If you use this with the Vivito Illust Lumiere Primer, your skin will look amazingly dewy. For those who don't have a clue about highlighting your face, Memebox has provided a simple chart of where to highlight. 





WITH SHYAN Nail Lacquer 15ml

     This item retails around $4 at Memebox and is available in 4 colours, Blue Violet, Neon Green, Pink Lady and Neon Purple.  I got Neon Green in my box and I'm not a happy bunny.  I don't like neon green, it does not suit me but I like the bottle and maybe able to repurpose the bottle instead. 

SARACEN Fluorescent Glitter 13g

     This item retails around $6 at Memebox and is available in 4 colours, Silver, Gold, Black and Blue.  I got the Silver pot. $6 for a tiny pot of silver glitter - come on, say it with me... What the fudge?! I don't know what to say about this tiny pot. I will probably use for a craft project as I feel like there's not enough glitter in the pot for all my nails. Like the neon green nail lacquer and lip balm in this box, I like the container and I will definitely reuse it for something else.





PURE SMILE Essence Mask Sheet 23ml

     This items retail around $2 at Memebox.  There's 2 mask in the Thanksgiving box, Milk and Strawberry Milk and let me tell you this, both smells lovely I wanted to lick my face. This mask is rich in milk proteins, fresh raspberry extracts, Vitamin E, collagen, and hyaluronic acid that moisturise, protect and balance the skin for a healthier complexion. How to use: Spread the mask sheet evenly over clean face and leave for 15-20 minutes. Remove and pat in  the remaining essence for full absorbance.  Tip: Exfoliate first then proceed to your normal skin care routine of toner, essence, serum,
 cream then the mask for best results. 



I'm sort of half and half with this box, I loved the primer, the multi cream, the highlighter, the brushes and the masks but wasn't too keen on the nail care items and lip balm. But all in all, I'm still happy with this box and more than happy to recommend most of the products to other people.


Princess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment