Monday 1 December 2014

My first Memebox

For years I have subscribed to various subscription boxes in the UK and to be honest I have never heard of Memebox until Late October this year. I was hesitant to get a box but after a little bit of research I finally took the plunge and got myself my first Memebox. I picked the Superbox Cutie Pie Marzia 2.  Avid Memebox addicts will tell you that this box is not that good but for someone who's used to tiny sample sizes, this box was amazing. 

Cutie Pie Marzia 2



As you can see the box contains several interesting items which includes my favourite, a full size Tony Moly Red Appletox Honey Cream. I have tried countless creams in the market but this little apple pot is just divine. It smells nice, it's not sticky, it's feels good on the skin and even if you leave the cream the whole day, your face will not feel greasy. 



      

My next favourite item is the 100ml The Yeon Jeju Hallabong Energy Mild All-in-One Serum.  This vitamin C rich serum has a mild citrus smell thats very good for all skin type. I especially like this serum because I had adult acne a few months back. I have blemishes from the acne and with the help of this citrus serum, the blemishes are slowly fading. Like the Tony Moly Appletox, The Yeon Jeju Hallabong doesn't make your face greasy at all. 


 


If you're like me, you'd have a bag full of lipsticks, lip crayon and lip glosses.  The Shara Shara Petit Friend Matte Lip Crayon is a keeper, the colour is very vibrant and it lasts all day with minimal touch-up. I never wore red lip colour before so I was kind of disappointed that I got Real Red one however, I summoned up the courage and tried it - at work. Guess what? It actually suits me. 


Purple Foundation, yes, purple. I never thought I would ever try 
something like purple foundation in my life but then again, that's the whole point of getting these boxes. To try something new and find the ones that work for you. This purple Revecen Face Control Foundation actually works for my yellow skin tone. It covered my dark circles and post adult acne blemishes. I found it easier to apply using clean, warm fingertips. 




Next one is the Cheek Room Lip Balm Clover in Cherry Clover. I 
wasn't impressed with this product. The packaging was really nice, 
has a vintage feel to it.  The clover in the middle is a nice touch 
but the product itself failed to deliver. It was too sticky and if 
you're using your finger to put your balm on then you have sticky 
fingers all the time.  I didn't feel the plumping effect of this lip
balm. 

The last product is the Triple Shine Color Shadow by Shara Shara. I got the Cobalt Blue palette. I haven't used the item simply because it's too cute and I was saving it for christmas. I know someone who likes cute packaging like this. If I'm going to buy an eye shadow palette based just on packaging then Shara Shara will be my choice


          
   

I could not be more happy with my first ever Memebox. I got full sized CUTE items that a lot of ladies would be envious of and I get the satisfaction of receiving and opening surprise boxes.

4 comments:

  1. This box looks adorable! I just signed up for an ipsy subscription and I'll have to try this one next! And also purple foundation... interesting. But I'll have to try it out too because my yellow undertone is always difficult to match with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have Ipsy here in the UK but from what I can gather, they're pretty much like Birchbox and Glossybox. Having said that, you definitely need to try Memebox. Lastly, I just used a little of that purple foundation over CC cream and it looked really nice. Hope it'll work for you.

      Delete
  2. This was actually my first Memebox too! :) I loved all the products! I really loved the smell of the serum and Appletox too. The lip balm smelled good enough to eat! ;). I've kind of gone Memebox crazy! :p :D I'm hooked!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only Meme addict out there. I have 4 boxes to review and 4 more coming... Going to be very busy..

      Delete